Each Academy student is expected to pass all Academy classes every grading period or they will be placed on academic probation. Any Academy student receiving an "F" or who has a G.P.A. below 2.0 will also be placed on academic probation.
1. Either by contact from an Academy teacher or through an academy team conference the student will receive an Academy Academic Probation letter. Upon receiving the letter of probation notification, the student must ask his or her parents to sign it. The letter is then returned to his/her Academy teacher.
Violation: If the student fails to return the form , he/she will be considered in violation of probation.
2. All students on Academic Probation are required to attend academy tutoring twice a week from 3:00-4:30. They will be required to attend the tutoring through the next six week grading period and continue until they have raised their grades above a 2.0 and have passing grades in all of their classes.
Violation: Student failing to attend tutoring are in violation of probation.
3. All students on academic probation will be required to complete a grade check form each week and return it to their designated Academy teacher by the end of that week.
Violation: Students failing to complete the form for two consecutive weeks are in violation of probation.
Academic Probation Violation
A student placed on academic probation who violates probation, or after six weeks does not raise his or her grades to the Academy standard, must have a mandatory conference with parents, Academy teachers and the Academy counselor.
If, after the parent conference, no improvement has been made, the student remains on probation with a possibility of being dropped from the program at the end of the semester.
Academy students receiving a "Needs Improvement " (N) or "Unacceptable" (U) in citizenship for any of the Academy classes will be placed on citizenship probation. Students receiving a referral from any Academy teacher will also be placed on citizenship probation. Any student who recieves a total of 3 or more referrals in a school year will be dropped from the Academy program at the end of the next semester.
The following are Citizenship Violations which will result in a "N" or "U" on the report card.
absenteeism (five or more during a 6-week period)-exception serious illness • tardiness (two or more during a 6-week period) • inappropriate behavior • copying or doing another's work • class disruption • dishonesty • damaging material or equipment • defiance • disrespect and/or rudeness • other unacceptable behavior.
Students placed on citizenship probation will have six weeks to raise their citizenship grades to the minimum standards acceptable to the Academy or they risk being dropped from the Academy program.
1. Students on citizenship probation will be restricted from all Academy field trips, special events and functions. They are not be eligible for any Academy awards and will be removed from any Academy leadership positions they may hold.
2. Students violating Academy citizenship standards will serve 1 or more hours in the weekly Academy detention hall.
Violation: Should a student fail to attend his or her scheduled detention, their parents will be contacted by an Academy teacher and that student will receive twice the original detention time to complete.
Citizenship Probation Violation
Students placed on citizenship probation, who fail after 6 weeks to raise their citizenship grades to the minimum standards acceptable risk being dropped from the Academy program.