Thank you for visiting the Mitchell Child Development Center (CDC) school website. We provide a wide variety of Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) programs for children with special needs, (i.e., ECSE programs: Early Start, SUCSESS). Our philosophy is to provide individual early intervention to children as identified through the assessment process.Some quick information about Mitchell CDC:
- Mitchell CDC serves approximately 400 to 500 children, ages birth to five years of age.
- •Mitchell CDC houses 11 special education preschool programs, 1 Full Inclusion Head Start program and Early Start Program (children birth to three years of age), as well as Head Start and State Preschool programs.
- Satellite special education preschool classes are located the following elementary school sites: – Harvey, Heroes, Hoover, Kennedy, Lincoln, Washington, and Taft.
- Parent involvement and trainings is an integral part of all our programs; parent trainings are offered on designated Student Free Fridays.
- Typical peers are a component of all programs.
- Preschool Assessment Teams (PAT): The assessment teams assess children who have been identified as having areas of concern. Based upon the assessment results, special education eligibility is determined.
Early intervention determines our children's future. Early intervention can be remedial or preventive in nature and focuses on the child, parents, and family. Our early intervention programs are school-based and home-based.It is an honor and privilege to provide for the children in attendance at the Mitchell Child Development Center (CDC). We welcome your questions and suggestions. Please do not hesitate to contact us at (714) 430-5600, or contact me at Mark.Bello@sausd.us.Respectfully yours,Mark Bello