To Learn more about the ASB at Century please click hereMission StatementASB
Incorporate unity within the student body to foster democratic principles: encourage the development of good sportsmanship and academic scholarship, provide opportunities for school spirit working with the heart as well the mind to create and establish traditions to ordain and uphold the guidelines for all students.
Overview of Responsibilities
- The Associated student body oversees the raising of income and expending of funds by approving or not approving group activities.
- Developing students’ ability to promote and finance a program of worthwhile co-curricular activities beyond those provided by the district to contribute to sound educational principles.
- Holding dances and pep rallies to increases school spirit.
- Communicating with the student population and the community.
- Learning how decisions are made within an organization/group.
- Organizing blood drives in conjunction with the American Red Cross.
Century ASB Syllabus
Only to be used between the hours of 6:30-5pm on weekdays, 9:00am-5pm on weekends
90-100% = A
80-89% = B
70-79% = C
60-69% = D
59%-below = F
ASB Leadership students work together to serve the school, to build relationships on campus, and to create experiences for other students on campus so that more relationships can be created. We want the students on campus to know that they are supported and appreciated. To achieve this, we must take risks, step out of our comfort zones, and push ourselves. From the risks we take we can receive adventure and/or growth. Both growth and adventure is what leaders always need to progress in their personal betterment.
Conduct Requirements: You represent ASB and our school as a whole. With that, we expect that you’re a role model for other students, that you’re encouraging to them, and make an effort to make this campus better for those behind you.
Productivity/Employability- (projects & daily tasks)- 25%
Positive & Professional Behaviors (Soft Skills)- 25%
Event and Workday Attendance- 25%
WE (Weekly Event) Days - 25%
Requirements and Communication
You are required to buy an ASB Card as an ASB Member. The deadline for this is the second Friday of the year.
If you are unable to attend an event you should tell me in advance. If you have a question about a grade, this needs to be handled through email.
Only 4 opportunities for extra credit will be offered each semester. This will be your chance to regain any points from missing a required event.
If you reach 5 tardies/truancies in a semester, you will be placed on probation and may be removed from ASB. If you hold a position, you will be removed from the position after 3 tardies/truancies.
Employability skills are those traits that are looked upon favorably by an employer: positive attitude, neat appearance, good work habits, etc. This course will help you develop these traits so that you will be better prepared for college or a career. Therefore, a percentage of your grade will be based on employability skills.
Each student will receive 100 pts at the beginning of each week.
Decreasing points: the following traits will reduce your employability grade during the week:
- Tardy/ late for class 10 points
- Quit work early 5 points
- Off task 5 points
- Not cleaning up workstation (food, paper, trash, etc.) 5 points
- Inappropriate behavior 5-15 points
- Leaving class without permission 10 points
- Being asked to leave class by instructor due to behavior 20 points
Positive & Professional Behavior
Students in this class are school leaders and represent Century High School both on and off campus. Students are considered leaders and role models and will strive to be a positive influence on those around them by holding themselves to the highest standards of conduct and attitude. Additionally students will positively represent the ideas of ASB and the school. This includes following school rules and participating in all Spirit Weeks. If you do not have clothes for the spirit day, then you may wear Century gear to receive credit.
Event and Workday Attendance
Students in this class are expected to attend all ASB decided upon school events. These include, but are not limited to community service events, dances, Back to School Night, Open House, and workdays. The workdays will be on Saturdays before very large events, such as assemblies.
The ASB students will choose one event each week that students will all attend as a group. This may be a sports event, a dance, or a performance.
Return to advisor by ______________
Student Code of Conduct and Contract
Please detach this page and return it to the instructor
Student Name: ___________________________ Parent Phone: ______________________
Email address: ___________________________ Cell Phone: ________________________
ON CAMPUS- I will be a leader and will set an example
- Be positive and respectful to all students, teachers, staff, and visitors
- Follow the dress code and school rules at all times
- Set an example. Use appropriate language and keep the campus clean
- Listen attentively when someone is making suggestions and sharing ideas
- Work cooperatively and with others to make students feel connected and welcome
OFF CAMPUS- I will reflect the school and make a positive impression
- Use professional vocabulary and behaviors; you never know if the person you are talking to might be your next employer
- Watch and listen for community opportunities to become involved in
- Take advantage of public speaking opportunities to promote and market
- Make choices that will represent leadership character at all times
IN CLASS- I will demonstrate behaviors consistent with a business environment
- Be here! Full attention will be given to the members of the team. Cell phones away, please
- Actively participate in the class meetings
- Keep a calendar of ASB scheduled events and duties
- Participate in activities and events, committees, job duties and planning
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Being in leadership affords students with a certain amount of freedom. Do not abuse this privilege!
As an ASB officer or club officer I have read and understand the requirements for the Leadership class and will abide by the Code of Conduct.
Student Signature Date
As the parent/guardian of the above mentioned student, I have read and understand the attached syllabus and Code of Conduct and I will support him/her in this leadership role.
Parent/Guardian Signature Date