Department: Physical Education
I teach Body Conditioning classes in our department.
Period 1 Body Conditioning/Weight Room
Period 2 Body Conditioning/Weight room
Period 3 Body Conditioning/Weight room
Period 4 Body Conditioning/Weight Room
Period 5 9th Grade Physical Education/Room 5105
Period 6 Conference/Room
INFORMATION ABOUT MY CLASS
Body conditioning is designed to give you a basic understanding and appreciation for strength training as well as for cardiovascular fitness. Throughout the course of the semester you will be exposed to basic training theories, exercise techniques, benefits of strength training and endurance training and some anatomy and physiology.
- Students will gain knowledge of equipment and safety procedures.
- Students will improve their muscle strength and muscle endurance though weight training exercises.
- Students will demonstrate positive attitude and actions towards self and others.
- Students will gain knowledge of developing a weight-training program and training principles.
- Students will be expected to measure improvements throughout the semester.
Weight Training & Fitness Standards
Students demonstrate knowledge of and competency in motor skills, movement patterns, and strategies to perform a variety of physical activities.
Students achieve a level of physical fitness for health and performance while demonstrating knowledge of fitness concepts, principles, and strategies.
Students demonstrate knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activity.