Department: Physical Education
I teach 9th Grade Physical Education and Body Conditioning.
I have 25 years of coaching experience. Syllabus/Course Outline
Period 1 Physical Education 9th Grade
Period 2 Physical Education 9th Grade
Period 3 Body Conditioning/Weight Room
Period 4 Body Conditioning/Weight Room
Period 5 Conference/Room
Period 6 Athletics
INFORMATION ABOUT MY CLASS
Body conditioning is designed to give you a basic understanding and appreciation for strength training and cardiovascular fitness. Throughout the course of the semester, you will be exposed to basic training theories, exercise techniques, benefits of strength training and endurance training, and some anatomy and physiology.
- Students will gain knowledge of equipment and safety procedures.
- Students will improve their muscle strength and muscle endurance through weight training exercises.
- Students will demonstrate positive attitudes and actions towards themselves and others.
- Students will gain knowledge of developing a weight-training program and training principles.
- Students will be expected to measure improvements throughout the semester.
Weight Training & Fitness Standards
Students demonstrate knowledge of and competency in motor skills, movement patterns, and strategies to perform a variety of physical activities.
Students achieve a level of physical fitness for health and performance while demonstrating knowledge of fitness concepts, principles, and strategies.
Students demonstrate knowledge of psychological and sociological concepts, principles, and strategies that apply to the learning and performance of physical activity.