COMMITMENT HONOR SUCCESSScience • Technology • Engineering • Art • Math
Century Cross Country
"Cross Country: No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport"
Why run Cross Country?
Cross country is a good place to learn something about oneself. We try to prepare our athletes to be healthy, happy, and wise. Colleges look favorably on students who have participated in cross country because it demonstrates self-discipline and dedication. We stress consistent training, improvement, and proper pacing. All are able to achieve success. We work hard, have lots of fun, share many rewarding experiences, and are sad when the season ends. Cross Country is a fall sport open to all high school students, even freshmen. It's coed and it's a lot of fun!
Things to remember about cross country!
· Be a part of a winning team with a good tradition
· Everyone gets to “play”, no one has to sit
· No previous experience is necessary to turn out
· No one is ever cut from the team
· It is a coed sport
· Good fitness for another sport or for your health
· Summer camp at Big Bear
· Travel, friendships, learn skills and values for the future
· We have fun· Your teammates will be part of your family
"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."