Child Find days are offered for students enrolled in private schools and for preschool age children. The process is as follows:
- Parent or guardian contacts the Special Education Department, at (714)558-5551, for an appointment to attend a Child Find screening.
- Parents are given an opportunity to bring their child to a Child Find Day, which offers a developmental screening.
- Child Find Day results are shared with parents at the end of the screening, with three possible outcomes:
- Student's skills are found to be within normal limits. Parents referred to community resources and/or preschools.
- Student is referred to a pre-referal speech program. Contacts and appointments are finalized prior to parents leaving the Child-Find day.
- Student demonstrates skills that present a possible area of concern. Student is referred to District assessment teams.