Work Permit* Procedures during Remote Social Distancing:
*Note: You must have a job offer from an employer before applying for the work permit.
Work Permit Directions
- Go to: https://www.sausd.us/CTE
- Under the STUDENTS tab, click on Work Permit Application
- A Google form will appear. Fill out the entire form and press Submit.
- A PDF document (your work permit application) will be mailed to your sausdlearns email account as an attachment in ten minutes or less.
- You must print this form. (If you do not have a printer, we suggest emailing it to your employer to be printed—hopefully, they will be happy to assist during this challenging time.) (if you can't find a way to print, please e-mail Anita.Vaglienty@sausd.us with a request for additional help)
- Once the form is printed, you will need to get signatures on the form from your employer, your parent, and (See Work Permit Guidelines at the top of the page)
- When you have all three signatures in the appropriate places on the application, you will scan/upload or take a picture of the completed application and email it to Anita.Vaglienty@sausd.us
- If your grades are acceptable, you will receive an e-mail from Anita Vaglienty within 1-2 working days containing a copy of the actual WORK PERMIT. Forward this to your employer.
- Have your new employer print this document for their files so that you can begin to work.
- The work permit will be valid until May 30, 2020 (at which time, you will need to re-apply for the summer work permit).
Review the Work Permit Guidelines file above that contains legal information on work permits.