The Santa Ana Unified School District's Career/Technical Education Department will provide exemplary CTE programs and pathways that prepare all students to "College and Career Ready." The necessary services, curriculum and technology will be delivered to enable all students to be successful. The CTE Department will partner with all community stakeholders including businesses, parents, students, higher education institutions and other agencies to create a maximum impact in every student's education.
CTE in the Santa Ana Unified School District
- Career Technical Education (CTE) is available to all high school students in the Santa Ana Unified School District. The majority of the courses are offered at high school campuses during the school day. During the 2018-2019 school year, over 9,000 students participated in CTE.
Courses of Study
- All CTE courses are rigorous with standards aligned to the California Career Technical Education Model Curriculum Standards.
UC/CSU a-g Approved Courses
- Ten CTE courses have been developed that satisfy the “a-g” entrance requirements for the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) systems.
Dual Credit with Community Colleges
- Courses are being articulated with colleges to establish a process for achieving dual credit as students attend high school courses and receive college credit at articulated schools.
Workbased Learning - Internships
- Students are given an opportunity to apply theories and skills learned in the classroom to an actual job situation.
Last Modified on September 24, 2020