The Santa Ana Unified School District's Career Technical Education Department will provide exemplary CTE programs and pathways that prepare all students for "College and Career Success." The necessary services, curriculum and technology will be delivered to enable all students to be successful. The CTE Department will partner with all community stakeholders including businesses, parents, students, higher education institutions and other agencies to create the maximum impact in every student's education.
CTE in the Santa Ana Unified School District
- Career Technical Education (CTE) is available to all high school students in the Santa Ana Unified School District. The majority of the courses are offered on high school campuses during the school day.
Courses of Study
- All CTE courses are rigorous with standards aligned to the California Career Technical Education Model Curriculum Standards.
UC/CSU a-g Approved Courses
- Ten CTE courses have been developed that satisfy the “a-g” entrance requirements for the University of California (UC) and California State University (CSU) systems.
Dual Credit with Community Colleges
- Courses are being articulated with colleges to establish a process for achieving dual credit as students attend high school courses and receive college credit at articulated schools.
Workbased Learning - Internships
- Students are given an opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to real job situations.
Last Modified on November 4, 2021