Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is a group of parents, agencies, and school representatives who advise the Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA) on matters related to special education. The purpose of the CAC is to inform and educate members of the community so that a broad base of community support and participation is developed. This enables the committee to advise the SELPA in all matters concerning the identification and educational management of individuals with exceptional needs.
Authority and responsibilities of the Community Advisory Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Advising the administration of SAUSD and the Special Education Department in the development of the local comprehensive plan.
- Making recommendations on annual priorities addressed by the plan.
- Assisting in parent education and recruitment of other volunteers.
- Encouraging public involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan.
- Supporting activities on behalf of individuals with exceptional needs.
- Assisting in parent awareness of the importance of school attendance.
From Educational Code-Section 56194(a-f), Article 7
2021-22 CAC ScheduleSeptember 16, 2021Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: An Introduction to CAC & SAUSD Programs and ResourcesFlyer: September 2021Location: Zoom
October 21, 2021Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Overview of the Evaluation ProcessFlyer: October 2021November 18, 2021Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Feedback SessionFlyer: November 2021December 16, 2021Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: TransitionsMinutes: Click HereFlyer: December 2021January 20, 2022Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Overview of the IEP ProcessFlyer: January 2022Agenda: Click HereLocation: Zoom- Link Coming Soon!February 17, 2022Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Behavior Support StrategiesFlyer: February 2022Location: Zoom- Link Coming Soon!March 17, 2022Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Effective Communication Strategies for IEP Teams to AchieveFlyer: March 2022Location: Zoom- Link Coming Soon!April 21, 2022Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Overview of Procedural Safeguards and Parent RightsFlyer: April 2022Location: Zoom- Link Coming Soon!May 19, 2022Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmTopic: Community Resources/Resource FairFlyer: May 2022Location: TBD
Todas las reuniones de CAC se traducen simultáneamente al español
Costs for SELPA operations and the Administrative Unit are provided by funding from the state, which may be augmented by local, federal, and state funds. Each region determines the funds available for regionalized services and the responsibilities of the SELPA office. The SELPA policy-making body is designated in the Local Plan to make policy decisions, approve the SELPA budget and Allocation Plan, and direct SELPA operations. Responsibilities of the SELPA include such things as:
- Ensuring program availability for all students with disabilities
- Governance Committees, including Community Advisory Committee (CAC)
- Assistance with understanding compliance requirements
- Transition Planning
- Program Coordination
- Fiscal Management
- Staff Development
- Curriculum Development and Support
- California Longitudinal Pupil Achievement Data System (CALPADS) Reporting to State
- Regionalized Services and Program Specialists
- Interagency Coordination
- Program Evaluation
- Budget Planning and Review
- Community Awareness
Santa Ana Unified SELPA Local Plan
2021-2022 Santa Ana Unified SELPA Local Plan
2020-2021 Santa Ana Unified SELPA Local Plan