Flyer Distribution Procedures
Online FlyersOur district cooperates with non-profit community groups and organizations and governmental agencies that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar to district families. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
- Read the SAUSD Flyer Approval Guidelines in the next section below.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described below. Peachjar charges outside organizations a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.Flyers for SAUSD Staff OnlyIf you would like to send information to SAUSD teachers, you can select "for District Staff" during your flyer uploading process in Peachjar. Material sent to teachers should be information about possible student workshop or field trip opportunities, or availability of inexpensive or free quality classroom materials. Flyers for teachers only are not required to include a Spanish translation.Hard Copy FlyersThe distribution of hard copy flyers is still an option that is available for service providers. If you prefer this option, please complete the FLYER DISTRIBUTION REQUEST FORM and submit it to the Communications Office for review and approval. You may email the form along with a copy of your flyer to Communications@sausd.us.Guidelines for Approval
"DISCLAIMER: This activity is not a school-sponsored activity and is not endorsed by the school or the Santa Ana Unified School District. The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not endorsed by the school or the District.”“DESMENTIDO: Esta actividad no está patrocinada por la escuela, y no está promocionada por la escuela ni el Distrito Escolar Unificado de Santa Ana. Las actividades, productos o servicios publicitados en este panfleto no están respaldados por la escuela ni el Distrito.”Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- An organization requesting flyer distribution must be a qualified nonprofit organization in good standing with the California Secretary of State and/or Internal Revenue Service.
- Flyers support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Flyers must not interfere, conflict or compete with the educational programs of the District and must not disrupt the daily operations of the District or school instructional program.
- The District does not permit the distribution of flyers for commercial purposes or purposes unrelated to the District's educational mission.
- Flyers contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Flyers must be submitted in both English and Spanish
- All flyers must include the following disclaimer using exact wording not less than size 12 font, in both English and Spanish:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
The District reserves the right to deny any request.