Santa Ana Unified School District
Other Safety Implementations
Santa Ana Unified School District (SAUSD) is dedicated to providing a safe environment for all our students and staff. To achieve this, we are implementing high standards on cleaning, and following the most recent public health guidelines for K-12 Schools from the CDC, state and local health departments.
- Hand washing, avoiding contact with one's eyes, nose, and mouth, and covering coughs and sneezes will be reinforced among students and staff. Hand washing will be promoted throughout the day, especially before and after eating and after using the restroom.
- SAUSD will provide supplies to support healthy hygiene behaviors, including soap, tissues, face coverings, and hand sanitizers for staff and children.
- SAUSD campuses and work locations will follow guidelines developed by CDPH for cleaning, disinfection, ventilation and common surface areas will be cleaned regularly. Click here for more information on CDPH COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools.
- If a facility has had a sick person with COVID-19 within the last 24 hours, the area will be cleaned and disinfected.
Food Service Guidelines
- SAUSD Nutrition Services will continue to provide free meals for all students throughout the 2021-22 school year at all SAUSD sites.
- SAUSD Schools will maximize physical distance as much as possible while eating (especially indoors). Using additional spaces outside of the cafeteria for mealtime seating such as classrooms. Arrange to eat outdoors as much as feasible.
- SAUSD custodial staff will clean frequently touched surfaces. Surfaces that come in contact with food should be washed, rinsed, and sanitized before and after meals.
- Given very low risk of transmission from surfaces and shared objects, there will be no need to limit food service approaches to single use items and packaged meals.
- SAUSD schools will review their rules for visitors and family engagement activities.
- Per CDPH guidelines, SAUSD schools will limit nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups or organizations with people who are not fully vaccinated.
- Face masks/PPE will be required to be worn by all students, staff and drivers.
For questions or concerns, contact:
SAUSD - COVID Task Force
(Phone) 714-480-5282 (Email) CovidTaskForce@sausd.us