McKinney-Vento District Liaison
HOURS & INFO
Open Monday - Friday
7:30 am to 4:30 pm
1801 S. Poplar St.
Santa Ana, CA 92704
MINIMUM GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
Assembly Bill 1806 - Minimum graduation requirements:
A student identified as McKinney-Vento who transfers schools after the completion of their second year of high school is eligible to graduate with the minimum California state graduation requirements (130 credits) if SAUSD finds that the student is not reasonably able to complete all SAUSD graduation requirements by the end of their fourth year of high school.
This also applies to students in foster care (AB 216), students formerly in juvenile court school (AB 2306), students in migrant education or newcomer programs (AB 2121), and students from military families (AB 365).
- Three years of English
- Two years of mathematics (including Algebra I*)
- Three years of social science (including U.S. history and geography; world history, culture, and geography; one semester of American government; and one semester of economics)
- Two years of science (including biology and physical science)
- Two years of physical education
- One year of foreign language, visual and performing arts, or career technical education
*Students who successfully complete Algebra I in middle school must still complete a minimum of two years of mathematics in high school.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
FAFSA - www.Fafsa.ed.gov
Dream Act - https://dream.csac.ca.gov/ (Unaccompanied youth do not need to provide information about their parents. Elida Sanchez will submit documentation needed for their financial aid application purposes.)
SchoolHouse Connection - https://www.schoolhouseconnection.org/youth-leadership/scholarship-program/
School on Wheels - https://schoolonwheels.org/scholarships/