COMMITMENT HONOR SUCCESS
Science • Technology • Engineering • Art • Math
DRAWING & PAINTING
TEACHER NAME: Miss Nena KellarDepartment: ART- Room 328Syllabus: Drawing and Painting I
Syllabus: Drawing and Painting II, III, and AP Studio ArtStudents will follow the same standards as Drawing and Painting I with added depth and complexity. There is a continued emphasis on observational drawing skills and using the principles of design to make successful and compelling compositions. The concept of distortion for expressive purposes is newly introduced.I am looking forward to working with your student and will do my best to make their experience a rich and rewarding one.Sincerely,Nena
- Develop an understanding of the Elements of Art - line, color, texture, shape, form, space, and value.
- Develop an understanding of the Principles of Design - rhythm & movement, balance, proportion, variety and emphasis, harmony & unity.
- Explore the Elements of Art and Principles of Design in drawings and paintings.
- Learn “right-brain” drawing techniques that will facilitate “seeing” and help make drawing a more natural and less stressful experience.
- Develop techniques of drawing and painting to express ideas and feelings.
- Acquire a historical perspective in drawing and painting by recognizing individual and cultural influences, themes and styles, and demonstrating that understanding in drawing and painting projects.
- Learn to make informed aesthetic judgments about works of art, nature, and human-made objects in our environment.
- Understand and use vocabulary and terms associated with drawing and painting - the "language of the art" discipline.
- Use and care for tools, equipment, and materials safely and properly.
- Read about art and write in response to related questions and assignments.