Class Rules/ExpectationsA. Expected classroom behavior
- Don’t keep me from teaching
- Don’t keep others from learning
- Don’t touch anyone else’s project or computer
- Help others follow the classroom rules
- When you are absent you must make up missing work. I am usually in room 36 every morning by 7:15 am. You may catch up late or missing work during this time.
C. Positive consequences for following classroom expectations
1. Positive classroom comments 2. Tiger tickets 3. Special class privileges
D. Consequences for NOT following classroom expectations
Step 1: Student gets a verbal warning and/or redirection
Step 2: Student and teacher have an after-school conversation about what is going on and figure out the best way to resolve the issue
Step 3: Student fills out a "Reflective Consequence" to take home and get signed by a parent. This form explains what the problem is and outlines several alternative actions to keep this from happening again.
Step 4: 30-minute detention
Step 5: 60-minute detention
Step 6: Refer to Assistant Principal
Step 7: Refer to Assistant Principal
Step 8: Refer to Principal
E. Grades - Report card grades are based on your performance on classroom assignments, projects, and tests.
Work turned in late will lose one letter grade per week unless there is a good reason. Any work later than 4 weeks will only receive 50% credit.