Mr. De Gree's Home Page
Welcome! I am extremely happy and look forward to offering students an educational and inspiring year of learning history. In 2023/2024 I'm beginning my 27th year at MacArthur, and I am very happy to be teaching the great Tiger students! I want each child to learn history, to like history, and to a good reader, speaker, listener, and thinker.
A little bit about me: I was born and raised in Santa Ana and attended Sierra Elementary and Williard Intermediate School. I've been married for 31 years and have 7 kids, ages 15 to 29, and two grandchildren. I love outdoor sports such as hiking, bicycling, surfing, body boarding, walking, playing frisbee, beach volleyball, and back packing. My family and children are the most important things to me on Earth, and God is my rock and hope.
I post my activities in Canvas. Students are expected to log in each day to Canvas for their assignments. All assignments will be started, and most will be finished, during class. Students have vocabulary that they are responsible for knowing, and they will have a quiz on the vocabulary every Friday. EVERYTHING - assignments, vocabulary, quizzes, tests, etc., will be posted in Canvas. If you want to know you your child is doing, please go into Canvas to check their grade.
I am available for tutoring every Monday after school, 2:35-3:35.
I can be reached at:
This is an older picture of my family from 2016.
Here are some links that might be helpful for you:
1. Awesome Geography Games Online:
- Student's current grades
- work/assignments will be posted here
- Student's daily work/assignments will be posted here
1. Here is a pdf that will help you write the Safari Log:
2. Here is an article that will help you write the Safari Log:
3. Here is a good website for instructions how to make a simple African Mask. You may use a paper plate or a piece of paper. You can paint or used colored pencils.