Success Strategies For Students With Hearing Loss
1. Give the student preferential seating with good visual and auditory access. Seat the student in one of the front rows. Ask the high school student which front seat works best for them.
2. Provide a quiet classroom without constant background noise, so the person speaking can be heard.
3. Face the student when speaking. If you turn towards the board to write, wait to start speaking again when you are facing the class.
4. Use Closed Captioning with all videos.
5. Use the classroom microphone.