Welcome to Ms. Heaney's Home Page!"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
Period 1 Prep./No Students
Period 2 English3-4 HonorsPeriod 3 English3-4 HonorsPeriod 4: AP English Lang.Period 5 AP English Lang.Period 6 English 3-4 Honors
Please visit this site as for a resource in your education and for information regarding assignments and class policies.
In order to facilitate learning and contribute to a positive learning environment, there are several expectations you need to keep in mind:
1. Bring materials to class daily. These include:
a) necessary book(s), chromebook, and notebook paper
b) pencils and pens (black/blue for written work and red for corrections)
c) binder or notebook with a section dividers for English
d) completed homework
2. Be on time to class daily, which means being in your seats and ready to work when the bell rings. Tardy students will receive the penalties required by Godinez Fundamental High School.
3. Late homework may be submitted up to the number of days plus one. After that, late work may be done by hand or printed and submitted to the late basket up to a week before the end of the 6 Weeks.
4. No food or beverages are allowed in the classroom except for bottled water.
5. Absolutely NO GUM CHEWING will be allowed.
6. Dress Code will be strictly enforced.
8. You are expected to be courteous and respectful toward classmates and others (substitute teachers, guests, etc.) at all times.
9. Come to class with an open mind and a willingness to learn!
10. 100pts of EXTRA CREDIT may be submitted EACH semester in the form of caption sheets that reflect on what else involving English Standards has been done outside of the school day.
I CAN BE REACHED BY EMAIL IN ENGLISH OR SPANISH AT email@example.com