Use the following resources to better understand planetary science. Some resources may be required for class, but others are to help you review concepts or dig deeper into the content. High school and college students (also professionals like scientists, engineers, and teachers) use different resources to get smarter. If you find any additional resources this year that help you, please share them with me and I will try to add them to this list.
Simluations to observe how our Earth, Moon, Sun System work.
- Moon Orbit Sim- Investigate what would happen if you could change the moon or its position.
- Phet Gravity and Orbits Sim - Investigate what would happen if you could change the relationships between the Moon, Earth, and our sun.
- Scale of the Universe- Compare size of different objects in our universe.
- The Moon's Orbit- (Not Chromebook compatible yet)
- Moon Phases- Observation of Moon
- Phases of the Moon - Khan Academy animation
- Phases of the Moon (cK-12) Sim
- Mr. Eclipse- Learn about lunar eclipses and dates for future events
- Nasa Moon Info- Observe features of the moon (geography, inner layers, human landing sites)
Creative songs about the Earth, Moon, Sun System.
- Moon Phase and Libration, 2019
- Moon Phases: Crash Course Astronomy #4
- Why Does the Sun Not Steal the Moon?
High School Level (but helpful lectures)