AP Statistics Course Syllabus
INSTRUCTOR: Mrs. Lynn Chuang
Phone Number: 714-433-6673
Room Number: 2-103
AP Statistics is an introductory college-level statistics course that introduces students to the major concepts and tools for collecting, analyzing, and drawing conclusions from data. Students cultivate their understanding of statistics using technology, investigations, problem solving, and writing as they explore concepts like variation and distribution; patterns and uncertainty; and data-based predictions, decisions, and conclusions.
TEXTBOOK: The Practice of Statistics, 5ed.
Modeling Distributions of Data
Estimating with Confidence
Testing a Claim
Comparing Two Populations or Groups
Inference for Distributions of Categorical Data
More about Regression
AP EXAM: Thursday, May 5, 2022, 12:00 pm
- Regular attendance. The responsibility is yours to make up any work due to absences/tardies of any kind. Come prepared every day with homework, charged chromebook, and all supplies.
- Regular individual and group effort focused on math. If you are struggling, please seek assistance. You must fully participate in order to learn.
- Precision and Neatness. Being accurate and neat is important in math. Working to the best of your ability is expected, and you must fully support your answer with clear work / explanations.
SUGGESTED COURSE MATERIALS:
- Notebook (composition or spiral are acceptable / lined or graph are acceptable)
- Colored pens, colored pencils, and highlighters.
- Computer fully charged and ready daily … you will also check out a class TI-84 Plus CE calculator and be responsible for making sure you bring it to class daily as well.
Given daily, collected weekly. Must be neat and show the original problem, all the steps to reaching the solution, and written response to the problem. Special attention should be paid to any problems you got wrong, get help on them, and be sure to study these for the test.
**Late homework will only be accepted for excused absences within the same number of days as you missed class.
40% Midterm / Final / Projects
This is where you show how well you have learned the material. You will be able to retake a chapter test after attending tutorials and completing a retake review assignment and may earn a maximum score of 85% on retakes.
25% Team Tests /
These are designed to help you study/prepare for tests. Quizzes will be given almost on a weekly basis so you know what you need help with before the Chapter test.
90-100% -- A 80-89% -- B 70-79% -- C 60-69% -- D 59% or below – F
*** Grading Weights/ Scales Subject to change given directions from the district office.
I read and understand the course expectations and agree to abide by them.
Godinez Student: (print)_____________________________________________ ID#__________ Period: _____
Student email: _____________________________________ Home phone number: _______________________
Parent/ Guardian: (print)______________________________________________
Parent email: ______________________________________ Parent cell phone:___________________________
Be MINDFUL and KIND to yourself, other humans, and animals.
Have GRIT - find success through failures.
Put forth your BEST EFFORTS.
WORK HARD everyday.