Welcome! I am located in Room 1 and I teach English Language Arts. I have been teaching for 11 years at MacArthur. I have 2 young kids, 2 cats, and I like to read, knit, and dance.
I use Google Classroom to post any assignments that are digital, and to communicate assignments and expectations in the event of my absence.
Students are expected to read at home for 30 minutes each day from a book of their choice as homework. This will usually be the only homework for my class, unless a student doesn't finish what we begin in class and needs more time to finish at home.
I am available for tutoring:
- Most Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri after school from about 2:35-3pm. Please do check in with me ahead of time, just in case I have another obligation. I can also usually stay past 3pm if needed.
- I can also occasionally be available before school, starting at about 7:40, but only by prior arrangement.
I can be reached at:
email@example.com (best for parents)
firstname.lastname@example.org (might be easiest for students)
(714) 856-7700 (the school's main phone line for messages)
Here are some links that might be helpful for you:
- Students' current grades
- Digital assignments and updates will be posted here
- Accelerated Reader Link to Accelerated Reader to check progress (students should ONLY take quizzes during class time, with approval)
- AR Bookfinder Link to the website for checking if a book is in Accelerated Reader for credit