On Tuesday January 30th 2018, Villa was named as SAUSD's first AVID National Demonstration School. This award follows several years of hardwork and dedication by the Villa Family.
AVID National Demonstration Schools are exemplary models of the AVID College Readiness System.
Demonstration Schools undergo a rigorous validation process and are required to be revalidated every few years to ensure high levels of implementation, with quality and fidelity to AVID strategies schoolwide.
Viila will soon be host to educators from all over Southern California who want to see how we have implemented and mainted our AVID program and embedded AVID into our systems and culture on campus. Visitors can observe:
- AVID as a schoolwide approach to college readiness
- Evidence of student achievement schoolwide
- Strong and committed leadership to college readiness for all students at both school and district levels
- A center of learning for AVID best practices schoolwide
- A committed team of trained AVID educators dedicated to successful implementation of the AVID College Readiness System for all students
- Models for excellent inquiry-based AVID tutorials—both in the AVID Elective and, in some schools, selected content classrooms
- A showplace of the commitment and synergy that a strong AVID System creates for schoolwide college readiness
Remarks by Superintendent Dr. Stefanie Phillips About AVID National Demonstration School Award at Villa from sausdnews on Vimeo.