Google Classroom, Aeries, and You: The Distance Learning Trifecta
Posted by Monica Dalton on 9/3/2020
Check out this step by step tutorial courtesy of IORAD, a ridiculously efficient step-by-step tutorial creator I stumbled upon (and enthusiastically seconded by Mr. Correa!). As my first demo 'lesson,' here is how to import grades from GC to Aeries!!!
1. The first step is to open Aeries and from the home page click Edit Website highlight
2. If you see the option Un-Link under Options, then your website is already linked to Aeries.
3. Click OK
4. In order to import grades from Google Classroom, your websites MUST be linked to Aeries. To check: Click Gradebook
5. Click Import Assignments From Google
6. Whoops! My Period 1 is missing, which means I need to repeat Step 1. Click Cancel
7. Click Home to return to your Aeries homepage
8. Click highlight (Edit Website) again
9. Now you'll notice instead of the Option of Un-Link, it now says Create instead. This means this period's website is NOT linked. To fix: Click Link
10. Select the Google Classroom you want to link with this Aeries gradebook. In my example, I would: Click Dalton - AVID 9 Period 1
11. You should receive an Alert that your classroom was successfully linked to Aeries.
12. Click OK
13. Once again, to begin Importing Grades from Google Classroom into Aeries, with your gradebooks all successfully linked, Click Gradebook
14. Click Import Assignments From Google
15. SUCCESS!!! Now all my classes are showing up (as should yours; otherwise, repeat previous steps).
This is how to import your ENTIRE GC gradebook as of now. I, however, prefer to import scores INDIVIDUALLY BY ASSIGNMENT. So I: Click Cancel
16. Select the class you want to update: Click Assignment
17. Use the right arrows to find the assignment you are updating. Once you get to it, find the tiny "show more" arrow in the middle of the screen. Click highlight
18. Click Import from Google
19. Select the current classroom you are updating. For me, I: Click highlight
20. Select the Google Classroom assignment you are attempting to import. You may have to "Return" the assignment in GC first. When you are ready, click on the assignment. In my example, I: Click AVID Study Buddy Contract Form
21. That's it. You're done.
"Errors" will show up as grades you have either not inputted or have shown up as missing. Zeros will be imported if you type in 0 in GC grades. Otherwise that's it!