December 2018 recap and important information...
E-Blast for December 7, 2018
Empowering all students to succeed in a changing world.
Calling all Dads!! Don’t miss out on this year’s Father-Daughter Dance, Friday, Dec 14th. It's 50s Night!
Okay Dads,...what’s up and what’s your status this December? It’s our 4th Annual. No excuses to stay home while your daughters stick to an at-home-routine. BOND! It’s your time for that father-daughter(s) date! Many dads come out with all of their daughters if they have more than one. This is the night where we model “how a lady should be treated” rather than “how to be a lady”. It’s free and open to all Dads and Daughters, so SPREAD THE WORD and SPREAD THE LINK. Sign up now on Eventbrite. Click on the link below.
Get your Free Tickets Now at - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rockin-around-the-clock-father…
Great Accomplishments at the Recent Santiago's 5th Annual Project Soapbox Competition, 2018
Santiago School recently hosted the 5th Annual Project Soapbox competition. Project Soapbox is a public speaking competition that calls young people to speak out on issues that affect them and their community. Santiago intermediate scholars who participated in the event gave motivating and empowering speeches about issues that matter to them. Congratulations to all the scholars who were selected to move on to the OC Country Project Soapbox competition which will be held on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM in the Santiago MPR/Performing Arts Center.CONGRATULATIONS TO OURSpeech and Debate Champions from the SAUSD Fall Classic Tournament, Nov. 10th, 2018
An Hour of Code, Computer Science Education Week,Dec. 3rd - 7thComputer Science Education Week is an annual event dedicated to inspiring K-12 students to take an interest in Computer Science. This week was a very exciting Hour of Code week for our students. Different grade levels participated in the Hour of Code activities. They all had the opportunity to experience computer programming through a variety of coding activities.Musician In CampusOur 5th Graders welcomed a group of musicians who provided them with the fundamentals and appreciation for music.Santiago Drama School News BroadcastIn case you missed it, here is episode 7 of the Santiago News Broadcast.The sensation that is sweeping the nation is proud to announce the official “TEA with T” T-shirt. You get to wear official merchandise. Shirts will be Black with white font/logo, and it’s only $10/shirt. Pick up an order form at the school office today and place your order. Proceeds benefit our Physical Education program.Please click here to visit the website for more information.
100% COMPLETION OF ST MATH PROGRAMCongratulations to the following students who have completed the ST Math program!The Play-Well TEKnologies Offered An After-School LEGO-Inspired Engineering ClassSantiago scholars enjoyed the amazing STEM enrichment program that taught them engineering. Some students worked individually, others in pairs, and others as a group throughout the sessions. The program boosted each student's creativity and abilities.
Golden Trash Can AwardPLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Boys' Basketball and Girls' Soccer Tournaments
Please come and cheer on our Boys' Basketball and Girls' Soccer teams at their upcoming tournament on Saturday, Dec. 8th, starting 8:30 AM, the Sports Complex, Valley High School.
W.I.N Attendance Recovery Program / Saturday School
HAVE AN ABSENCE?
JOIN US ON A SATURDAY TO MAKE IT UP!
SATURDAY SCHOOL SCHEDULE
DECEMBER 1, 8 & 15, 2018
Contact the school office with any questions: 714-564-8400
UPCOMING DECEMBER EVENTS:
- Parent-Teacher Conference Week, Dec.3-7
- Computer Science Education Week, Dec. 3-7
- Hour of Code for all Gr. 1-8, Dec. 4-7, Computer Lab, 7:30AM - 8:20AM
- Middle School Lunch Pep Rally (Girl's Soccer & Boy's Basketball), Dec.7th
- Girl’s Soccer/Boy’s Basketball Tournament, Dec. 8th @ Valley H.S.
- W.I.N. Saturday School Dec. 8th
- Project Soapbox Competition, Sat, Dec. 8th @ 9AM - 2PM
- Gr. TK- 1 Winter MAP Assessment, Dec.10-14, 17-19
- Gr. 6-8 Winter MAP Assessment, Dec.10-13
- 6th-8th Science and Engr. Fair Display (MPR), Dec.10-14
- Dec.10th, Coed Street Hockey & Boys Volleyball Season Begins
- Playwell STEAM Lab, Wed. Dec.12 @1:30-3PM
- Middle School Science & Engineering Night, Thurs. Dec.13 @ 6PM - 8PM
- 5th Grade Field Trip to Rancho Sonado, Dec.13
- Raising a Highly Capable Kid parent class, Thurs. Dec.13 @ 8:30-10:30AM
- 5th Grade Musical Presentation, Friday, Dec.14 @ 10:30-11:30 AM
- W.I.N. Saturday School, Dec.15
- Gr. 2-5 Winter MAP Assessment, Dec. 17-19
- SSC - School Site Council Meeting, Mon, Dec 17 @ 2:45 PM
- Playwell STEAM Lab, Wed. Dec.19 @ 1:30 PM - 3PM
- National History Day Showcase, Dec. 20th @7:30AM & 6:00PM
- Raising a Highly Capable Kid parent class, Thurs. Dec. 20 @ 8:30-10:30AM
- 1st Gr. Sight Word Award assembly, Dec. 21@ 8:45-9:45AM / PAC
- Kinder Holiday Performance, Friday, Dec. 21 @11:00AM-Noon / PAC
SANTIAGO ELEMENTARY TK-8 SCHOOL | 2212 BAKER STREET, SANTA ANA, CA 92706
Phone: (714)564-4800 | Fax: (714)564-8499 | Website: www.sausd.us/Santiago
School Office Hours: 7:30 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Principal: Mr. Jimmy Bruhl | Assistant Principal: Ms. Myrna Acosta