Chromebook Repair / Replacement Costs
- Lost/Stolen/Missing Charger $25
- Damaged Screen $60 [HP G5 - G7]
- Damaged Keyboard $60 [HP G5 - G7]
(includes missing key/keys)
- Damaged Bezel $30 [HP G5 - G7]
- Damaged Top Cover $35 [HP]
- Damaged Bottom Cover $35 [HP]
- Lost/Stolen/Missing Chromebook $250
* Please contact Mr. Jason Escalente, Computer Technician, for any questions regarding chromebook repairs and fines.
- Students who are able to afford internet service at home may apply for a limited supply of hotspots
- Hotspots allow students access to the internet.
- Hotspots are to remain at the home under parental supervision.
- Lost or stolen hotspots - students are responsible for the cost of replacement.Chromebook InsuranceIf you would like to purchase Chromebook insurance, there are several options (English/Spanish) available here: SAUSD Mobile Device InsuranceAnnual insurance plans cover devices over the summer months.For assistance with insurance options, please contact Ms. Bruner or Mr. Ramirez.Commonly asked questions:
Q: I lost my charger; can I get a new one?
A: Yes. However, if you lost a charger, you will have to pay the replacement cost of $25.
Q: My Chromebook is damaged, what do I do?
A: If your Chromebook is damaged, please bring it to the Library for damage assessment. Damage fees will be applied depending on the damage. Students will be provided a Loaner Chromebook during the repair. Please see Ms. Bruner or Mr. Ramirez in the library.
Q: What if I forgot to bring my Chromebook to school?
A: Please see Ms. Bruner or Mr. Ramirez (8:30 am-2:45 pm, Mon-Fri) for a One-Day loaner.