Willard Counseling Mission & Vision
Our mission is to provide a data-driven, comprehensive school counseling program that nurtures the students’ academic, social/emotional, and college/career exploration. Our efforts in these areas are a part of a collaborative model that includes parents, teachers, administrators, and community stakeholders. The ultimate objective is to help students identify their interests and abilities, strengthen their unique capabilities, and instill a desire to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
Our vision is for every student to acquire the academic and personal/social skills to reach their fullest educational potential and to start on a path to college/career exploration. The needs of our students will be met through an age-appropriate curriculum that fosters self-awareness, personal growth, responsibility, and mindfulness. We hope that our Jaguars are able to successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent, and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
Willard School Counselors believe:
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Each student is an individual and learns at their own pace.
- Each student can achieve academic, career and social/emotional success.
- Each student deserves to feel a sense of belonging and a member of a school community that is culturally compassionate and that celebrates their unique qualities.
- Each student can learn to become self-advocates and resilient in facing life’s challenges.
- Each student has access to a school counselor who advocates for their academic, career, and social/emotional needs.
- Each student’s needs (ethnic, cultural, racial, socioeconomic, gender differences, and developmental and emotional exceptionalities) are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- Each student has a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- The School Counselor will use data to design, implement, evaluate and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The School Counseling program serves as a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in our core domains: Academic, Career/College, & Social/Emotional
Willard Intermediate Facebook Page
SAUSD Website: Covid-19 Updates