Willard Counseling Vision & Mission
At Willard, students will acquire the academic and social/emotional skills to reach their full educational potential and start on a path to college/career exploration. Our Jaguars will be able to successfully manage their lives as healthy, responsible, competent, and productive citizens who respect themselves and others.
Our mission is to provide access and support to all students with a data-driven, comprehensive school counseling program that nurtures the student's academic, social/emotional, and college/career exploration. We will focus on the specific needs of our students and work to improve student achievement by closing the gaps and identifying barriers that impede their success. Our efforts in these areas are part of a collaborative model that includes parents, teachers, administrators, and community stakeholders. We will provide opportunities for students to identify and strengthen their interests and unique abilities, and instill a desire to become responsible citizens and lifelong learners.
Willard School Counselors believe:
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Each student is an individual and learns at their own pace.
- Each student can achieve academic, career, and social/emotional success.
- Each student deserves to feel a sense of belonging and a member of a school community that is culturally compassionate and that celebrates their unique qualities.
- Each student can learn to become self-advocate and resilient in facing life’s challenges.
- Each student has access to a school counselor who advocates for their academic, career, and social/emotional needs.
- Each student’s needs (ethnic, cultural, racial, socioeconomic, gender differences, and developmental and emotional exceptionalities) are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- Each student has a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- The School Counselor will use data to design, implement, evaluate and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The School Counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in our core domains: Academic, Social/Emotional & College/Career.
Willard Intermediate Facebook Page
SAUSD Website: Covid-19 Updates