Willard Counseling Vision & Mission
Willard Intermediate School students will acquire academic, personal, and social skills to reach their full educational potential. Students will develop a mindset focused on college and career exploration. They will succeed and be emotionally and psychologically balanced.
Willard Intermediate counselors will implement a data-driven and comprehensive school counseling program. We will use a collaborative model that includes parents, teachers, administrators, and community stakeholders to achieve our goals.
Willard School Counselors believe:
- Each student has dignity and worth.
- Each student is an individual and learns at their own pace.
- Each student can achieve academic, career, and social/emotional success.
- Each student deserves to feel a sense of belonging and a member of a school community that is culturally compassionate and that celebrates their unique qualities.
- Each student can learn to become self-advocate and resilient in facing life’s challenges.
- Each student has access to a school counselor who advocates for their academic, career, and social/emotional needs.
- Each student’s needs (ethnic, cultural, racial, socioeconomic, gender differences, and developmental and emotional exceptionalities) are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- Each student has a right to a safe and supportive learning environment.
- The School Counselor will use data to design, implement, evaluate and continuously improve the comprehensive school counseling program.
- The School Counseling program serves a central role in meeting students’ developmental needs through interventions in our core domains: Academic, Social/Emotional & College/Career.
Willard Intermediate Facebook Page
SAUSD Website: Covid-19 Updates