Most new Chromebooks have a 1-3 year warranty. Follow these guidelines to insure your student chromebooks are working to their full potential. Rule of thumb, if you are not sure, stop by Tech Room (next to computer lab).
- Warranty covers internal hardware failure: Hardrive failure, trackpad not wroking smoothly, keys not functioning correctly
- Warranty does NOT cover external Hardware: Broken screen, keyboards, bezel, etc
- The most common student damage on Chromebooks are keys and broken screens, so please use best classroom management practices
- Contact Mr. Diaz for troubleshooting
Chromebooks need to be on correct WiFi.
- Students Chromebooks need to use sausd199
- Chromebooks should never be on the sausdlearns network. Sausdlearns is only for approved BYOD devices, parents, and guests.
- Teacher Chromebooks/Devices should be on SAUSD network
- Wrong network will cause many problems
Sausdlearns accounts are used to login in Chromebooks and access many of the google features.
- Student username: Six digit ID number followed by sausdlearns.net Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student password: 2 digit month, 2 digit day, 4 digit year
- Accounts will be reset when teacher/students are locked out