Centro de Bienestar
Hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Purpose of the Wellness Center:
It is a place where families can come and feel welcomed. Families at Romero-Cruz Academy will have a sense of belonging, be reassured that their ideas, concerns, and opinions are valued and will be addressed in a timely manner. Staffed with a Family And Community Engagement Liaison, the Wellness Center provides a safe and caring environment for growing, learning and connecting. Throughout the school year, the center will offer a variety of workshops and training designed to increase your capacity as parents as well as maximize the learning experiences of your children.
The Wellness Center will act as a hub for community engagement where parents, family, staff, and community members and partners are able to collaborate and engage in meaningful interactions, share information, and expertise with each other to benefit the students, school, and entire community.
The mission of the Wellness Center is to ensure a well-rounded experience, allowing family and community members to engage, learn, and prepare to support students to be productive citizens, ethical leaders, and positive contributors to the community, country, and global society.
- To assist families in understanding adolescent development and in setting home conditions that support children as students at each grade level
- To communicate with families about school programs and student progress through effective school-to-home and home-to-school communications.
- To improve recruitment, training, and schedules to involve families as volunteers and audiences at the school and in other locations to support students and school programs.
- To involve families with their children in learning at home, including homework, other curriculum-related activities, and individual course and program decisions.
- To include families as participants in school decisions, governance, and advocacy through the PTSA, school councils, committees, action teams, and other parent organizations.
- To coordinate community resources and services for students, families, and the school with businesses, agencies, and other groups, and provide services to the community.
F.A.C.E. Liaison: Gilberto Gonzalez
Office Number: (714) 480-2274
Located: Room 1101