Heroes Elementary Summer Vacation Begins on June 2 - August 13, 2023 | Fall Classes will start on Monday, August 14, 2023
Las vacaciones de verano de Heroes Elementary comienzan del 2 de junio al 13 de agosto de 2023 | Las clases de otoño comenzarán el lunes 14 de agosto de 2023
Summer Meals Available at No Cost for All Children 1-18 years old starting June 7 to July 20, 2023 | Comidas de verano disponibles sin costo para todos los niños de 1 a 18 años a partir del 7 de junio al 20 de julio de 2023
Meal service and times may vary by location. Contact Nutrition Services for a location near you (714) 431-1900
Now Accepting Enrollment for Transitional Kindergarten (TK) & Kindergarten Students for the 2023-2024 School Year |Ahora aceptamos inscripciones para TK y Kindergarten para el 2023-24
Please come to office to pick up a registration packet. | Por favor venga a la oficina para recoger un paquete de registro =>
SAUSD Elementary Breakfast & Lunch Menus for the Week of May 28- June 3| Menús de desayuno y almuerzo de primaria de SAUSD para la semana del 28 de mayo al 3 de junio
All meals, foods and beverages are prepared and served by qualified child nutrition professionals.
SAUSD E-Blast Newsletter: Week of May 30-June 4, 2023 | SAUSD E-Blast Newsletter: semana del 30 de mayo al 4 de junio de 2023
A new edition of the district's weekly eBlast newsletter is out! Read it here =>
FLYERS: COMMUNITY RESOURCES AND MORE - WEEK OF MAY 17-23, 2023 |Folletos: Recursos comunitarios y más - Semana del 17-23 de mayo de 2023
Looking to connect with groups that provide free food, summer activities, and parenting workshops? Check out this week's flyer round-up for details on these and other helpful resources
Food Distribution Every Friday at Latino Access - Walk-up and Drive-Thru | Distribuciones de alimentos todos los viernes en Latino Access - Walk-up y Drive-Thru
Food is distributed first come, first served while supplies last! Walk-up is from 12PM-1:00PM and Drive-Thru is from 2:00PM to 4:00PM.
News From ParentSquare
Mrs. Rebecca Churnside, School Principal
Welcome to Heroes Elementary School
Home of the Huskies!
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year, Heroes Huskies! Our school will reopen on Monday, August 15th, and we look forward to welcoming back our students & families.
• All students begin at 8:00 am
• Breakfast will be served from 7:15 am - 7:45 am
TK-Kinder @ 1:50 pm (Modified Day @ 1:00 pm)
1st-3rd @ 2:04 pm (Modified Day @ 1:00 pm)
4th-5th @ 2:23 pm (Modified Day @ 1:23 pm)
When your child is absent, displaying symptoms, or has been exposed to someone with COVID, call the office @ (714) 568-9600 to report an absence.
Heroes' students show school pride by wearing school uniforms.
BOTTOMS - navy blue or khaki
POLO SHIRTS - white, red, navy blue, royal blue, & light blue
Need help with uniforms? Call Miss Julissa @ (714) 568-9600
HEALTH & SAFETY
We will provide training and instruction to ALL Staff at the beginning of the year, which will focus on:
1. SAFETY - Emergency preparedness, monthly practice drills, and communication systems to protect students & staff.
2. COVID Safety Protocols - SAUSD takes direction from the most up-to-date guidance from the OC Health Care Agency. At Heroes, we will continue to practice physical distancing, encourage the use of facial coverings, hand washing, and reduction of the number of people in one area.
3. COVID Tests - If you have not done so, please come pick up your child's HOME TEST KIT in the office ASAP. We ask that you test your child on Saturday, August 13th prior to the first day of school.
4. Cleaning Protocols - We will continue to implement enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices in every area of Heroes. In addition, each classroom has an air purifier.
5. Hygiene - Hand washing for 20 seconds will be taught and encouraged throughout the day.
Please do not hesitate to call or text with any questions and concerns regarding the safety and health of your child.
Call Heroes Office @ (714) 568-9600 Office Hours: (7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Front Office Team - Blanca, Christina, & Janet
Engage After School Program - Mr. Luis
Uniforms - Miss Julissa
Becky Churnside, principal @ (714) 904-8103
Rebecca “Becky” Churnside
Cell (714) 904-8103