ATTENDANCE MATTERS, BECAUSE YOU MATTER!!
24-HOUR ATTENDANCE LINE AVAILABLE!!
CALL (714) 567-3585 AND LEAVE A MESSAGE! PLEASE INCLUDE STUDENT NAME, GRADE, REASON FOR ABSENCE, CALL BACK NUMBER AND ANY OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION!
OR E-MAIL ATTENDANCE CLERK: MS. PLASCENCIA AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is imperative that students attend class on time, daily in order to achieve academic success. Please call or e-mail if your student is going to be absent, for any reason. Studies show:
• Students who miss 2 days/month are 5X more likely to be below grade level in reading, writing and math
• Students with good attendance are far more likely to be successful in school
• Regular attendance in school helps students develop socially-emotionally
• Regular attendance leads to a higher rate of high school graduation
• Chronic absenteeism is defined as students who miss 10% or more of school.
Examples of Excused vs. Unexcused Absences (not an exhaustive list)
Medical/Dental appts. Vacation
California compulsory education law requires minors between the ages of six and eighteen to attend school. Students who are habitually truant/absent will be considered for recommendation to the School Accountability Review Board (SARB) per Education Code 48263 and if not corrected, the matter may be referred to the courts.