Mrs. Rebecca Churnside, School Principal
Welcome to Heroes Elementary School
Home of the Huskies!
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year, Heroes Huskies! The first day of school is on Monday, August 14th, and we look forward to welcoming back our students & families.
• All students begin at 8:00 am
• Breakfast will be served from 7:15 am - 7:45 am
TK-Kinder @ 1:50 pm (Modified Day @ 1:00 pm)
1st-3rd @ 2:04 pm (Modified Day @ 1:00 pm)
4th-5th @ 2:23 pm (Modified Day @ 1:23 pm)
When your child is absent, displaying symptoms, or has been exposed to someone with COVID, call the office @ (714) 568-9600 to report an absence.
Heroes' students show school pride by wearing school uniforms.
BOTTOMS - navy blue or khaki
POLO SHIRTS - white, red, navy blue, royal blue, & light blue
Need help with uniforms? Call Miss Julissa @ (714) 568-9600
HEALTH & SAFETY
We will provide training and instruction to ALL Staff at the beginning of the year, which will focus on:
1. SAFETY - Emergency preparedness, monthly practice drills, and communication systems to protect students & staff.
2. COVID Safety Protocols - SAUSD takes direction from the most up-to-date guidance from the OC Health Care Agency. At Heroes, we will continue to practice physical distancing, encourage the use of facial coverings, hand washing, and reduction of the number of people in one area.
3. COVID Tests - If you have not done so, please come pick up your child's HOME TEST KIT in the office ASAP. We ask that you test your child on Saturday, August 13th prior to the first day of school.
4. Cleaning Protocols - We will continue to implement enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices in every area of Heroes. In addition, each classroom has an air purifier.
5. Hygiene - Hand washing for 20 seconds will be taught and encouraged throughout the day.
Please do not hesitate to call or text with any questions and concerns regarding the safety and health of your child.
Call Heroes Office @ (714) 568-9600 Office Hours: (7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Front Office Team - Gaby, Christina, & Alejandra
Engage After School Program - Miss Yessi and Mr. Luis
Uniforms - Miss Julissa
Becky Churnside, Principal @ (714) 904-8103
Rebecca “Becky” Churnside
Cell (714) 904-8103