Welcome to the ALA Sports Page
Hello potential ALA Athletes. In addition to excellent academic opportunities at ALAEC, we also provide opportunities to engage in interscholastic athletics. We play several different sports here throughout the school year. Sports played at our school are Girls and Boys Volleyball, Girls and Boys Basketball, and Girls and Boys Soccer. Each sport has a four week season that includes at least three 2 hour practices per week that will take place after school. At the conclusion of each season, you will participate in a one-day Saturday tournament where we will compete against a minimum of two other intermediate schools.
- All students attending ALA in sixth to eighth-grade
- You must fill out the sports interest form at the beginning of the year stating which sports you wish to play and provide the district required information
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- There will be two grade checks during each sport season.
- The first grade check is at the beginning of each season
- The last grade check will be the final week of each season prior to the tournament.
- Any student that does not meet the 2.0 minimum GPA and maintain good citizenship in their classes will not be able to participate in any practices or the end of season tournament.
All students interested in playing a sport may direct their questions to Ms. Castillo or Dr. Garcia during the registration process or any time during the school year or email me,
David Gordillo, Athletic Coordinator/Coach: