James Monroe ElementaryThe school was named after James Monroe who was the fifth President of the United States of America. He served two terms from 1817 to 1825. He was born in Westmoreland County, Virginia. -from Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaDate Built and/or OccupiedJames Monroe Elementary was built in 1972 and occupied on September, 1973School MascotAmerican bald eagleMuralThe 40 x 12 foot mural was painted in 1973 by Sergio O'Cadiz, a Mexican born and trained artist. The semi-abstract painting uses the eagle and the jaguar as main motifs.
Last Modified on August 7, 2011