John Muir Fundamental Elementary - Computer Tech
Troubleshooting - Chromebook
Audio & Video Issues: Tutorial
1st step: Check Audio and Video - Tutorial
***If after checking Audio or Video is not working then contact school office to exchange the Chromebook.***
2nd step: If after checking Audio and Video is working then see video below to make sure the Audio and Video is enabled when joining Classroom.
3rd step: How to enable Audio & Video through Settings. This works for using internal microphone and speakers from Chromebook or using a plug-in USB headsets.
Log in issues:
1. Chromebook is displaying "Enterprise Enrollment".
If you see this then follow video tutorial below to sign into Chromebook for Enterprise Enrollment.
1. Chromebook will not turn on
- Check if there is a light indication next to the plug when the charging cable is plugged in.
- Hold the power button for about 10 secs to allow the device to
completely shut down. Then press the power button again for about
2 secs and wait. The Chromebook should power up now.
*** If you attempt the above steps and the device still will not power up then contact our office to do an exchange***
2. Chromebook is not charging:
- Check to see if there is power from the power outlet.
- Is there a little light indication when plugged into the Chromebook?
*** If there is no light indication next to where you plug in the charger to the Chromebook then contact the office to do an exchange.***
3. Keyboard is not working or the mouse pad is non reponsive - Contact the office to do an exchange.
4. Screen is blank or white:
- Try repeating step "1". If still is not working then contact office
to do an exchange.
5. Chromebook is showing "Block by Administrator".
- Contact office
6. Connection poor:
- Check wifi if there is strong signal. You can usually tell by the number
of bars on the signal. More signal the better the connections.
- If you are using hotspot from the School and getting 1 or 2 bars then
either the area has bad internet connections or the hotspot is not giving
- If it is a home internet connection issue and NOT school hotspot then
please contact your internet service provider (ISP)
*** Hotspot sometime can go bad so if you feel you need to exchange the
hotspot from the school then please contact the office."