The books in the library of our school are for all the students to read and enjoy. That is why we must take good care of our books. Here are some rules to remember when handling books:
- Hands should be clean
- Writing, drawing, or coloring on the page damages a book.
- Turn the pages carefully.
- Use a bookmark to save your place instead of folding the top corner of the page.
- Food and drinks around books may cause accidents to happen.
- Books should not be on the floor.
- Read to little brothers and sisters but remember little hands can do big damage.
- Keep books in a safe place where you can easily find them.
- Protect your books on rainy days.
- If you let a friend use your book and they loose it or damage it, you are responsible because it is checked out to you.
- Return books on time so you can check out more books.
If a book is lost, the parent must pay the cost of replacing it. If the book is later found and returned in good condition, the money paid will-be returned. If the book is damaged, a fee will be charged depending on how badly it was treated. This fee is not refundable.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Library Media Technician
Last Modified on March 22, 2018