Science Fair Project
Background Research Paper
Scientists always begin by researching what is already known about a topic before conducting their own experiment. Your job is to become an expert; then write at least a 1-page paper explaining the background information you learned.
Here is a basic outline of what you want to do in your paper:
- Establish the relevance of your topic. (Why is it worth researching?)
- Preview the main points we will need to understand about your topic.
- Each paragraph should explain one main point of your research.
- If there is a logical order to your topics, be sure to put them in that order.
- Connect the paragraphs to each other with logical transitions.
- Summarize the main points again in a slightly different way.
- Explain what you hope to learn from your experiment.