CENTURY HIGH SCHOOL
SAUSDCourses: Geometry /Algebra-1Mild/Moderate/Resource
Teacher: Mr. Bell
Room# 420 Tel-(714)568-7000 EXT-67420
Symbolic reasoning and calculations with symbols are central in Geometry and Algebra. Through the study of geometry and algebra, students develop an understanding of the symbolic language of mathematics and the sciences. In addition, mathematical skills and concepts are developed and used in a wide variety of problem-solving situations. Manipulations of mathematical terms in equations are central to Algebra and Geometry. The student gains an abstract understanding of completing problems by manipulating learned and newly learned mathematical skills.
Please bring the followings items to class every day:
- 3 ring binder
- Respect others, yourself and property
- Follow directions the first time they are given to you
- Be in your seat prepared to work before the tardy bell rings
- Work cooperatively with the teacher and members of the class
- All work and materials must be turned in for credit by due dates.
- Electronic devices are not permitted for use in the classroom at any time.
- Eating, chewing gum, drinking anything except water is not permitted in the classroom at any time.
- The use of inappropriate language is not permitted at any time.
Your final grade for each grading period or semester will be composed of:
- 40% Classwork
- 10% Homework
- 10% Quizzes
- 10% Test / Projects
- 20% Final Exam