D. HazelwoodEducation Specialist, Mild/Moderate & English TeacherEnglish Building, Room: 220Email: email@example.comPhone: 714-569-6300, Extension 69590__________________________________________________________________RULES AND EXPECTATIONS1. Be in your seat and ready to work when the bell rings.2. Show respect for the teacher and your peers.3. Makeup missed assignments.4. Do not bring food, drinks or gum into the classroom.5. Turn off and keep electronics in pocket or purse.__________________________________________________________________2019/2020 SchedulePeriod 1: Prep PeriodPeriod 2: English 10, Special Ed.Period 3: English 12, Special Ed.Period 4: LunchPeriod 5: Conference PeriodPeriod 6: Collaboration with Mrs. Volmer, Room 204, 12 GradePeriod 7: English 10, Special Ed._________________________________________________________________ObjectivesTeach, re-enforce, and improve knowledge of grammar, writing, literary devices of poetry and prose, reading comprehension, and of classic and contemporary literature as required by the California Core State Standards._________________________________________________________________General Information
1. Tutoring is available period five, and after school when prior arrangements are made due to previously scheduled meetings.
2. Grading Policy is based on the categories: Writing, grammar, reading comprehension, tests/quizzes, and grammar. Each category is ranked at 20%. The student's grade is cumulative throughout the semester. Missing assignments will negatively affect the grade because they count as zero points, and the AERES computer program averages the points from all assignments. This is why it is so very important for students to find out what they missed during absences and make-up that work as quickly as possible. Students may retake or re-do work/tests up to one week before the 6, 12 or semester-end grading period.
The grading System is as follows:
A = 90 - 100%
B = 80 - 89%
C = 70 - 79%
D = 60 - 69%
F = 59 - below
Textbooks:1. Holt Literature and Language Arts, 4th Course; Holt Handbook, 4th Course(Grammar).2. Recommended SAUSD texts.3. Study Sync Books_________________________________________________________________
Materials Students will Need:1. Pen/Pencils, eraser, and highlighter
2. Notebook (4 dividers): Vocabulary, Grammar, Literary & Misc. Student Notes.
3. Lined paper, college ruled.
1st/2nd Warning/address - Verbal Redirection
3rd Warning/address - Parent phone call home
4th Warning/address - Parent/Teacher/Coach conference
5th Warning/address - Teacher consequence
6th Warning/address - Referral
* * During the shutdown from March 16 to April 10, students will find lessons for each week Starting March 23 to April 2 on Tues and Thurs (Maybe longer) on Google Classroom. The codes are as follows:
Period 2 - English 10 - q52zato
Period 3 - English 12 - 2oy75ts
Period 7 - English 10 - 4sf3plj
Read the instructions and complete the assignments. If you have questions email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am just getting to know Google Classroom, but I think there is a way to send me a message through that.