D. HazelwoodEducation Specialist, Mild/Moderate & English TeacherEnglish Building, Room: 220 or RemotelyEmail: email@example.com (Best way to contact me right now)Phone: 714-569-6300, Extension 69590 (At School)Google Phone #: Pending_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________RULES AND EXPECTATIONS1. Be ready to work when the class starts.2. Show respect for the teacher and your peers.3. Makeup missed assignments.4. Turn off and keep phones out of reach.5. Participate in class discussions.6. Attend every class session._______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________2020/2021 Remote Learning SchedulePeriod 1: Pending: Session 1 - 8:00 to 9:00amPeriod 2: English 10, Special Ed.: Session 2 - 9:05 to 10:05am Every other dayPeriod 3: Pending: Session 3 - 10:10 to 11:10amPeriod 4: Lunch 12:15 to 1:00pmPeriod 5: English 10, Special Ed.: Session 1 - 8:00 to 9:00 Every other dayPeriod 6: Pending: 9:05 to 10:05 Every other dayPeriod 7: English 12, Special Ed.: Session 3 - 10:10 to 11:10 Every other dayTutoring: Check Remote Learning Schedule for August 2020 or email me for specific questions.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ObjectivesTeach, re-enforce, and improve knowledge of grammar, writing, literary devices of poetry and prose, reading comprehension, and of classic and contemporary literature as required by the California Core State Standards.______________________________________________________________________________________________________________General Information
1. Tutoring is available as per the schedule and when prior arrangements are made due to previously scheduled meetings.
2. Grading Policy is based on the categories: Writing, grammar, reading comprehension, tests/quizzes, and grammar. Each category is ranked at 20%. The student's grade is cumulative throughout the semester. Missing assignments will negatively affect a student's grade because they count as zero points, and the AERIES computer program averages the points from all assignments. This is why it is so very important for students to find out what they missed during absences and make-up that work as quickly as possible. Students may retake or re-do work/tests up to one week before the 6, 12 or semester-end grading period.
The grading System is as follows:
A = 90 - 100%
B = 80 - 89%
C = 70 - 79%
D = 60 - 69%
F = 59 - below
Textbooks:1. Holt Literature and Language Arts, 4th Course.2. Holt Handbook, 4th Course (Grammar).3. Assorted novel packets.4. Study Sync Books_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Materials students will need when attending in-person classes:1. Pen/Pencils, eraser, and highlighter
2. Notebook (4 dividers): Vocabulary, Grammar, Literary & Misc. Student Notes.
3. Lined paper, college ruled.
Materials students will need with remote learning classes:
1st/2nd Warning/address - Verbal Redirection with student
3rd Warning/address - Parent phone call home
4th Warning/address - Parent/Teacher/Coach conference
* * During the remote learning, students will find assignments for each week on Google Classroom. I will meet with the students in Google Meet each class period. The codes are in AERIES.
Be sure to log into Google Meet each class session when the class begins. We are recording absences and tardies within the first 15 minutes of class, and will be contacting parents if their son or daughter is not attending class. Read the instructions for each assignment in Google Classroom and complete the work that we discuss in our Google meetings. If you have any questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Some of the Google Meet and Classroom features and options are new to me, so don't get frustrated. Be calm and send me a message if something looks odd. We should be able to resolve any issues you might have. I have used Google classroom and meet in the past with great success.