COMMITMENT HONOR SUCCESS
Science • Technology • Engineering • Art • Math
TEACHER: JOE LOUIE ESPINOSA714-568-7000, ext.67449E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartment: WORLD LANGUAGES
Spanish for Spanish Speakers I and II is a 1st and 2nd year course designed to provide Spanish speaking students with academic language proficiencies. The foreign language state standards will be addressed. Listening, speaking, reading, writing and vocabulary development will be integrated. Writing as a process will be emphasized. Students will participate in functional communicative activities within the context of a thematic literature based and a thematic grammar based curriculum.
Grades will be based on your performance on tests, projects, daily classroom assignments, proof-reading exercises, and a final exam. This is a working course. Be prepared to work every day. Be prepared to test every Friday.
A=90% to 100% 34%=Tests and projects
B=80% to 89%
C=70% to 79% 33%=proof-reading
D=60% to 69%
F=0% to 59% 33%=classroom and homework assignments.
Bring writing supplies to class every day. Be prepared to write every day. Ink pens,pencils and mechanical pencils.(Number 2 lead pencils) college ruled loose-leaf notebook paper.
Only accepted with an excused absence. For classwork and homework assignments you have two school days based on the first day back. For tests and projects you have five school days based on the first day back. There are no make-ups for proof-reading assignments.
1. Come to class regularly.
2. Electronic devices must be fully charged before class (at home).
3. Respect other students and do not disturb other students.
4. Demonstrate acceptable behavior in the classroom.
5. Comply with the school dress code.
6. Do not bring food or drink or into the classroom.
7. Do not use profane or make obscene or suggestive gestures.
8. Do not deface, damage, destroy, steal, or litter classroom property or the property of other students.
9. No gum chewing.
10. Doing your work or having finished your work is no excuse to use whatever electronic device you have.
Offense of any classroom or school rules will result in a verbal warning, parent contact, or a referral to student services. Tardy and truant policies will be enforced as prescribed by student services.Period 1 Preparation Period
Period 2 SPANISH FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS LEVEL ONE ROOM 5102
Period 3 SPANISH FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS LEVEL ONE ROOM 5102Period 4 SPANISH FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS LEVEL ONE ROOM 5102Period 5 SPANISH FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS LEVEL ONE ROOM 5102Period 6 SPANISH FOR SPANISH SPEAKERS LEVEL ONE ROOM 5102