“PLANNING FOR SUCCESS”
Students taking responsibility for their own success.
Welcome to sixth grade Math and Science. One of your first homework assignments is to review these pages with your parents.CLASS ROOM RULES
- Raise your hand and wait for permission to speak.
- Stay in your seat unless you have permission to be out of your seat.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Change tasks quickly and quietly.
- Listen quietly with your eyes on the speaker and your hands still.
- Write assignments in agenda and have your parents sign it daily.
- Complete and bring homework, free reading book, and materials every day.
- Get your materials and homework ready as soon as you enter the classroom.
If you choose to ignore a rule, you will receive one of the following:
- Campus Beautification,
- Phone call or letter to your parents,
- Detention and Parent Conference, or
- Referral to the counselor.
SUPPLIES TO BRING DAILY:
- student agenda red pen
- glue stick loose notebook paper for three ring binder
- graph paper, 4 per square inch 5 sharpened pencils, no mechanical pencils
- reading book dividers, packet of 8
- packet of colored pencils (8) small enclosed pencil sharpener
- ruler (metric and standard)
Homework, tests, quizzes, class work, notebook, projects, labs, portfolio, and class participation are all part of your grade. All work is graded on points which are converted to percent and letter grades. Assignments are to be written in your agenda and signed by your parents each day. Your parents will be notified if your work or behavior indicates specific areas that need improvement.
Letter grade Percent
A 90% - 100%
B 80% - 89%
C 70% - 79%
D 60% - 69%
F 50% - 59%
Full credit for work can only be earned if the work is brought to class on the due date. Late work will be accepted for full credit only after an excused absence. When you return from an absence, you have one day for each excused absence day to make up your work for credit. Other late work will receive half credit. The observation section of a lab cannot be made up.
HELP OR QUESTIONS:Students:You may see me during class or after school. I am available after school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Homework Club will be held Thursday from 2:45 to 3:30. You may bring a classmate, older sibling, or parent to assist you with the topic for Homework Club.Parents: You may write a note in your child's agenda and I will respond. I am also available for a parent conference by appointment, (714) 479-4000, after school and during my conference period 12:45 - 1:38.