Welcome Future Jaguar Parent(s) and Student!
We are happy to inform you that Segerstrom Counselors will be registering your student for their 2020-2021 courses. We hope you are able to assist your students in deciding their courses. Students will need to submit their course selections by 5pm on or before Friday, April 17. Feel free to contact your student’s school counselor via email if you have questions.
When choosing courses, please keep the following in mind:
- Segerstrom counselors have already selected core classes (English, Math, Science, and PE) for students. AP Human Geography may be an elective for Honor students.
- Incoming 9th graders need to select a World Language AND 1 Visual & Performing Arts class OR 1 Elective class.
- All students in grade 9 must take a minimum of 6 classes (60 credits).
- All classes receive 10 credits per year or 5 credits per semester if a passing grade is earned.
- AP courses are college level courses that will prepare students for the AP Exam in May. Students have the potential to earn college credit based on the outcome of the AP Exam scores. Students are making a yearlong commitment when registering for AP courses.
Follow these 3 easy steps for choosing your course options:
- Review the Welcome Class of 2024 presentation. Once the presentation downloads on your computer, open the presentation and view as a slide show. Make sure to use the right arrow on your keyboard to help move the presentation along.
- After reviewing the presentation, email your counselor and share your preference for World Language and High School Elective courses.
- Email your Segerstrom Counselor if you have questions. See below to view your counselor's contact information.
Students will need to choose the following:
Visual & Performing Arts (VAPA) Class
Choose 1 HS Elective (if you did not choose a VAPA class)
American Sign Language 1 Art - Drawing & Painting ASB (Leadership) - Interview required; "0" period class French 1 Beginning Piano AVID - Application/Interview required Spanish Beginning Guitar AP Human Geography Music Appreciation Engineering (Project lead the way) Marching/Concert Band Journalism Jazz Band NJROTC - "0" period class Beginning Drum Line Song Pom - Tryout required Choir Tall Flags - Tryout required; "0" period class Orchestra Yearbook - Application required DramaIf you are interested in learning more about Clubs & Organizations, visit the Activities page.To learn more about our competitive athletic teams, visit the Athletic page.Contact your student's counselor by email if you have questions. Counselors are assigned to students by alpha, last name:
Student Last Name
A - C
D - H
I - Naj
Nak - Rol
Rom - Z