Mr. Elizondo email@example.com 1-264
Mr. Uytingco firstname.lastname@example.org 1-218
Ms. Tran email@example.com 1-118
Students will gain experience with algebraic solutions of problems in various content areas, including the solution of systems of quadratic equations, logarithmic and exponential functions, the binomial theorem, and the complex number system. This course also prepares students with the foundational mathematics skills to learn and excel in college level math courses.
- Regular attendance. The responsibility is yours to makeup any work due to absences/tardies of any kind. Also, each absence requires a re-admit upon return unless you were on a field trip.
- Consistent effort. You will earn your grade in my class. There will be assignments virtually every day with tests and quizzes occurring often. If you are not giving good effort by paying attention in class and completing your assignments you will fall behind and your grade will suffer.
- Close isn’t good enough. Being accurate is important in Math. Working to the best of your ability is expected. If you are just going through the motions on your classwork and homework it will be evident on the test.
- Responsibility. You are responsible for your own education. If you are not getting what you need in terms of instruction, it is up to you to ask for help. A weekly tutoring schedule will be posted near the front door. I will also be here occasionally on Saturdays for WIN.
- No Phones will be used in class unless specifically given permission. Using your phone without permission will lead to progressive consequences.
- Graph notebook (composition or spiral are acceptable)
- 1 colored pen, pencil, and eraser
- Scientific or graphing calculator (I have some calculators, but not a class set)
- Bring your chromebook with you to class each day. Preferably charged.
Very simple… Classwork/Homework 30%
Scale 90-100% -- A 80-89% -- B 70-79% -- C 60-69% -- D 59% or below – F
I look forward to a positive and successful semester.
Parent Signature _______________________________________________