Physical Education Syllabus and Course Guidelines
Saddleback High School
Remote Learning Plan
PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT FACULTY:
Alex Bravo, P.E. Department Chair/P.E.Teacher
Jannike Avila, Dance Teacher/Director
Sandra Corr, P.E. Teacher/AVID Teacher
Rod Pesak, P.E. Teacher
Julio Villasenor, P.E. Teacher
Expectations: The GC or Canvas site used by this department is not an appropriate place to just post an opinion. It is a place for academic and informed sharing and debate, where students and staff alike can share their fact-based perspectives and, more important, learn from others.
We expect civil discourse and we will not tolerate any racist, stereotyping, discriminatory or inflammatory remarks. Any behavior that is deemed unacceptable will be dealt with by staff. If you see an issue in any thread or arena made accessible in this class, do not engage, but contact your teacher or a trusted staff member immediately.
Students will make use of the content posted within the time-framed allowed, understanding that adequate time is given for each assignment. If students turn in late work (whether 2 seconds late or 2 weeks late), only half credit will be given for the assignment.
General Rubric for most assignments/activities:
- Students will be given full credit (10/10pts.) for an assignment if done thoroughly and mostly correctly.
- Students will be able to suggest lessons and units. Every voice will be heard as part of including perspectives in an effort to promote equality for all. This class will be conducted democratically, meaning the teacher is not always right.
- Students will be given 6/10 pts. if the assignment is incomplete in any way or inauthentic in any way (e.g., sloppily done).
- As part of community building, students will post responses to other classmates when it is part of the instructions, or they will be given only half credit for the particular assignment, lesson, activity, assessment. etc. of which the responses were to have been a part.
- Students will show up for daily check-ins as part of the required curriculum.
- Students will learn how to use canvas for this class in preparation for mandatorily using canvas across the board in all their classes; however, we will start the year on Google Classroom. You will be invited by your teachers and a code will be posted on your individual teacher’s Teacher Website within Saddleback High School Website.
- All will also be responsible for linking into GOOGLE HANGOUTS every class period through your GC site/teacher website.
- For missing assignments, students will receive an “F.”
- Again, for late assignments, only half credit.
Knowledge and Understanding
Limited knowledge and understanding
No evidence of analysis
Limited evidence of analysis
Evidence of emerging analysis
Evidence of competent analysis
Evidence of sound analysis
Evidence of thorough analysis
Substantial evidence of in-depth analysis
Lack of evidence of engagement
Minimal evidence of engagement
Inadequate evidence of engagement
Acceptable evidence of engagement
Effective evidence of engagement
Evidence of highly-developed engagement
Evidence of superior engagement
Rudimentary expression of ideas
Some appropriate expression
Satisfactory range of expression
Coherent and clear expression of ideas
Fluent expression of ideas
Rich and varied expression of ideas