GUIDELINES FOR REQUESTING A RECOMMENDATION LETTER
1. Please give your recommender at least 3 weeks advance notice to the due date of the private college, program or scholarship.
2. Choose a recommender that knows you really well. For private colleges, you typically ask for 2 teachers and 1 counselor.
3. Provide your recommender a copy of your Teacher Recommendation Information Form, transcript, resume, and a graded test, project, or essay from the teacher’s course (if possible).
4. Talk to your recommender about additional information you want him/her to add to the letter.
5. Follow through to make sure the application was sent and received by the recipient.
6. You may want to ask more than one person for a recommendation letter, just in case one recommender is unable to give you a letter on-time; you have a back-up. For private colleges, you need to invite your teachers/counselor before they can start. You will need their email address.
7. Please thank your recommender with a card/email for writing your letter of recommendation shortly after it has been sent.
8. If you receive the scholarship, college acceptance and/or program to which your recommender sent a letter, please tell them the good news.Click here for TEACHER RECOMMENDATION FORM