Physical Education Course Outline & Expectations
(please see Brent Nagele with any P.E. policy questions)
ATTITUDE is a little thing that makes a difference!!!
Century’s Physical Education Program desires EVERY student to increase their level of fitness, develop healthy physical skills, and instill a deeper meaning of “Lifetime Fitness”.
Physical Education Standards:
- Demonstrate competency or proficiency in movement forms.
- Apply movement concepts to the learning & development of skills.
- Exhibits a physical active lifestyle.
- Achieves and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Demonstrates responsibility for personal & social behavior in activities.
- Demonstrates respect for differences among classmates.
- Understand that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
Physical Education Course Requirements
Attendance & Uniform Policy
- Be on time to class, the locker room will be locked after the tardy bell rings, we will follow the Tardy policy.
- Dress quickly and get to your assigned meeting area.
- Truancy absences will result in no make-up assignments.
- You must be dressed in CHS P.E. clothes daily.
- No sweat pants are allowed to be worn in class.
- Tennis shoes must be worn daily. (No sandals, boots, etc.)
- Do not share clothes.
- Take your clothes home weekly and wash them.
- It is your responsibility to bring your re-admit to class following your absence.
- No food, gum, or drinks are allowed in class. You may bring water only.
- Medical/Illness excuses for more than three days require a Doctor’s note.
- You will dress on rainy days.
- You will show respect for all teachers including substitutes.
- Each week you will go into the PE classroom #810 to learn about, fitness, health, nutrition, and more. You will be doing work in your own personal “Sportfolio”.
- Participation & completion of your “Sportfolio” will be vital to your grade.
Locker Room & Lockers
· Every student needs their own locker, DO NOT SHARE or give your locker combination to anyone.
· Put all valuables locked in your locker during class time.
· No running, pushing, hiding of clothes, screaming, or unnecessary roughness.
· Kick mud off feet outside, not in the locker room.
· After class you are to remain behind the line by the lunch area until the bell rings.
Consequences for Inappropriate Behavior
- Phone call home
- Referral to Activity Office to see Mr. Nagele
- Suspension from class
Consequences for Non-suits
- 1st – 6th non-suit: One hour detention, phone call home and/or parent conference.
- 7th non-suit: Saturday Work Program
- 14th non-suit: One Day Suspension
- Your grade will be based on:
1. Your Sportfolio
2. Participation in fitness testing & sporting activities
3. Effort & attitude
4. Any other written assignment & tests