The SAUSD Education Technology Plan
A Vision for 2018 and Beyond
We believe that every child deserves to be well equipped to thrive in the 21st century. In support of that belief, the goal of the SAUSD Education Technology Plan is to establish a roadmap for technology resources, digital tools, and professional development needed to support acceleration of student achievement through high quality, personalized learning and instruction based on State Standards, thus preparing students to be college and career ready and well versed in 21st century skills.
Traditional systems of learning are being challenged - through new learning expectations expressed through State Standards, the global business community expectation of a new set of skills for employees and college graduates, and the impact that new technology resources (and their capabilities) bring to teaching and learning. SAUSD recognizes and embraces this challenge to transform in order to ensure that our students are equipped to succeed.
Over the last three years, SAUSD has established a district vision to accelerate student learning through the new State Standards that is student-centered – around concepts of innovation, learner choice and voice, collaboration, and access. In that vision, technology has become a ubiquitous resource that touches the lives of us all – including every student, teacher, school administrator, and staff member within the SAUSD family – and it has an important support role in our transformation.
SAUSD Technology Use Policies
- Technology use in the District is guided by the technology use policies for students and employees.
- Students and their parents review and sign the student policy annually, and the signature page of these records are kept at the school.
- If parents want to limit their child's Internet access beyond limited use for required instructional programs and state-required online assessments, please complete the Parent Opt-Out Form, which can be found on the parent resource page, and turn in to your child's school.
- District employees review and sign the email and technology use policy annually online.
- SAUSD Student Tech Use Policy (Eng)
- SAUSD Student Tech Use Policy (Sp)
- SAUSD Media Consent Form (Eng)
- SAUSD Media Consent Form (Sp)
- Mobile Device Agreement (Eng)
- Mobile Device Agreement (Sp)
- SAUSD Google Account Addendum (Supplementary Info) (Eng)
- SAUSD Google Account Addendum (Supplementary Info) (Sp)
- Employee Use of Technology (AR4040)
- Employee Use of Technology (BP4040)
- Employee Rules and Regulations for Use of Email