Segerstrom High School DancesHOMECOMING Dance - September 29, 2018 6-10 PMWINTER BALL / SADIES Dance - February 2, 2019PROM - April 27, 2019
Dance POLICIES 2018-2019
- Make sure you have your current ID – it is your ticket into the dance. All dance tickets are linked to an individual student’s ID card. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and not for resale. Guests are permitted but a guest contract must be approved by an administrater. Guests cannot be over 20 years of age. Middle School students, regardless of age are not permitted to attend a Segerstrom High School dance. Guests must show a photo ID when checking in at the dance.
- You must enter the dance by 8:00 pm or you will not be granted entry. If you have purchased a ticket and are not at the dance by 8:00 pm, we will NOT allow you in the dance.
- You must remain at the dance until 9:30pm.
- We will be breathalyzing all students at the entrance to the dance. Any student testing positive for alcohol will be directed towards our Sheriff Deputies for further analysis. We just want to make sure everyone is safe and we don’t have anyone who is driving to or from the dance under the influence. This procedure serves as a deterrent to student drinking and empowers students with an additional tool to make the right choices.
- Students who have a balance with ASB will not be able to purchase dance tickets.
- Students on a behavior contract with administration will not be able to purchase dance tickets.
Dancing Guidelines (applies on and off the dance floor): Inappropriate behavior and lewd and lascivious dancing such as “freaking” and any form of moshing and/or crowd surfing will result in a student receiving a warning. A second warning will result in the student being asked to leave the event and will make him or her ineligible to attend all future dances for the remainder of the school year. Parents will be notified.
- Smart casual attire is required. Ladies may wear dress slacks and blouse or dresses, and gentlemen must wear dress shirt and dress slacks, coat and tie are optional. Combat boots, shorts, jeans are not allowed. Dress code applies to school dances. Clothing that is too short and/or revealing is not permitted.
- You must wear shoes at all times! Ladies, if your shoes are uncomfortable to dance in, bring sneakers or flip flops to change into. Coat check will not accept shoes unless you have another pair of shoes to wear during the dance.
- Avoid lost items and theft. Do not bring valuables or large amounts of money to the dance.
- Students must be picked up no later than 10:00 pm.