Second through fifth grade students will again be utilizing the Mind Research Institute’s “ST Math” computer program that features a penguin named JiJi. This program uses spatial and temporal reasoning to present and teach mathematical concepts.
JiJi is the central character in the ST Math program, which was developed by the MIND Reserach Institute, a non-profit organizationin Southern Californiafounded by three UC scientists. The scientists used their research inneuroscience, mathematics, and education to create a visual math program that teaches complicated spatial reasoning concepts. Students must help JiJiget across the computer screen by solving patterns and removing obstacles. Thespatial reasoning concepts help students visualize spatial patterns andmentally manipulate them over a time-ordered sequence of spatialtransformations.
ST Math: Gr.K-5 is comprehensive, grade-level mathcourseware aligned to state math standards.
Benefitsof MIND Programs:
- Innovative visual approach teaches math concepts
- Comprehensive courseware aligns to state standards
- Increases state standardized test scores for students, classes and schools
- Game metaphor engages students who have struggled with conventional approaches in math and learning
- Language-independent software lessons reduce the language barrier to learning math
- RAMP™ instructional design reaches students at every level of academic proficiency
- Innovative games train students in multi-step problem-solving
- Self-paced courseware makes teaching easier and more productive
For more Info: MIND Research Instutute