Code of Student Conduct
Code of Student Conduct
Douglas MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School has been designed to help students focus on academic success. It is expected that every student will operate fully within the framework of the Code of Student Conduct.Students who choose not to follow the Code of Student Conduct will be appropriately disciplined.
Because MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School is a community of students gathered for the purpose of formal learning, where each respects himself, others, and the school, all students are expected to:
1. Demonstrate acceptable behavior in the classroom, on the school grounds,and on the way to and from school.
2. Comply with the uniform policy.
3. Attend classes on time, every day, unless out of school for a valid reason (e.g., illness or bereavement).
4. At no time deface, damage, destroy, steal, or litter school district property or the property of other persons.
5. Be honest,courteous, respectful, and show good manners.
6. Show respect for our country and its symbols through participation in appropriate patriotic activities.
7. Move quietly and in an orderly manner throughout the campus. Walk while on campus.
8. Bring reading material daily to all classes.
9. Refrain from inappropriate or public displays of affection.
10. Eat food in the lunch area only, and help maintain a clean campus by putting all trash in the proper containers.
11. Obey directions for seating, conduct, and dismissal at assemblies.
12. Maintain the standards of MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School when not under the direct supervision of a teacher or supervisor and when attending school functions off campus.
13. Complete the registration process for all bicycles being ridden to school. Bicycles must be securely locked in the bicycle racks.
14. Obey all traffic regulations when riding to and from school. It is the law that all students riding bicycles must wear helmets.
15. Use the library responsibly, respect the rights of others, use materials properly, and return books on time.
16. Promptly pay for lost, damaged, and/or overdue library books and textbooks.
17. Wait for parents in the front of the school until 3:00 p.m., then proceed to the lunch tables inside the campus site.
18. Report directly to school from home and stay on campus.
1. Cheat, forge signatures on school documents, or copy other students' work.
2. Leave campus during school hours. Parents must come to the office and sign the student out of school.
3. Use profane or vulgar language or make obscene or suggestive gestures.
4. Make any threat to commit,attempt to commit, or commit any physical violence against school personnel or other students.
5. Push, hit, kick, play fight,wrestle, tease, or call teachers or other students names or participate in any form of hazing against another student or students.
6. Bring any form of toys, balls,bats or similar equipment, collectibles such as trading cards, pogs, etc.,playing cards, magic cards, collector cards, electronic/computer games, stuffed animals, cameras, radios, tape/CD players, laser pointers or recorders, or electronic telephone beepers/pagers onto the campus.
7. Chew gum on campus at any time or at any school-sponsored event.
8. Loiter on or near school grounds before/after school including Lillie King Park.
9. Run at any time on the campus,including the parking lot.
10. Climb trees, fences, or buildings on campus or in the park.
11. Throw rocks or other objects (dirt, food, eggs, paint balls, water balloons).
12. Touch, lift, push, sit upon, or deface any vehicle on or near the school grounds.
13. Change lockers without permission from the office or share lockers or locker combinations with friends.
14. Privately buy or sell candy or other items on campus. This does not include school-wide fundraisers.
15. Use, possess, or distribute tobacco, any controlled substance (including marijuana), narcotics, alcohol or intoxicant, or other contraband on a school campus or at any time when under the jurisdiction of the school.
16. Possess or use lethal weapons (including knives), or any item that may be constituted as a weapon (brass knuckles, razors, etc.), explosive devices or any form of caps, poppers, fireworks, stink bombs, or replicas thereof.
17. Take medication at school without a written notification from parents and doctors. The medication must be in an original box or container with a pharmacy label attached and turned into the health office.
18. Ride bicycles, skateboards, or roller skates on school grounds, especially the parking lot, at any time (including athletic events and practices).
19. Leave class for any reason or come to the office without a pass from the teacher or supervisor.
20. Leave campus during the school day for any reason without permission from the Attendance Office.
21. Be in a restricted area (near lockers, classrooms, softball backstop on west end of field) during Nutrition and Lunch, unless authorized to do so and have a visible pass.Students must remain inside the white boundary lines during Nutrition. Students are permitted to be on the blacktop and field areas (located behind the P.E. building), during Lunch.
22. Possess or distribute look-alike drugs, substances or drug paraphernalia or possess items that have likenesses of drug-related pictures on them (e.g., a picture of a marijuana plant).
23. Use gang type writing or any writing other than name, on books, notebooks, or any personal or school item.
24. Gamble. Any form of wagering or betting for money or items is against school rules. Wagering in any manner is also outlawed by State and Federal law pertaining to minors.
25. Spank or strike in any way,pour liquid upon, egg students or otherwise participate in any form of harassment of a student.
26. Spit on sidewalks, buildings,other people or any school property.
27. Bring permanent marking pens (markers),highlighters or Liquid Paper
(white out)to school.
28. Fold or tear out pages in the student agenda.
29. Write on backpacks,except the student's name.
30. Have non school-related materials in or on their binder and backpack (e.g., pictures of “pop”stars or personal pictures).
31. Litter or otherwise demonstrate disrespect toward the neighbors, community,
and personal property.
32. Bring skateboards to school for daily transportation.
The goal of MacArthur Fundamental Intermediate School is to provide a variety of opportunities that allow students to realize their academic potential. In order to provide a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, it is expected that all students will:
1. Enter and exit the classroom in a quiet and orderly manner.
2. Be in their seats and ready to work before the tardy bell rings.
3. Be prepared, at all times, with a covered textbook, school agenda, pencils, pens, a notebook, and paper. If textbooks are lost, damaged,or stolen, the student will pay the full cost for their replacement.
4. Follow all directions of the classroom teacher and other school staff, and obey the rules and regulations of each classroom in order to avoid disturbing others.
5. Complete all work that is assigned and any make up work missed due to absences.
6. Attend class on time every day unless ill or with an excuse that has been validated by the office.
7. Attend to personal grooming during times that students are not sitting in class. Personal grooming items must be kept in the student’s purse, pocket or locker during school hours.
8. Use the bathroom facilities before and after school,during nutrition, during lunch and between classes rather than during class time.
9. Eat only in designated areas. Students may not eat in the classroom during class time. They may not eat by or near the classrooms at any time.
10. Treat substitute teachers with respect, following directions and instructions as