- Cecilia "Ceci" Iglesias - Vice President
Current Term: 2012 - 2016
- Mobile: (714) 485-6396
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cecilia “Ceci” Iglesias immigrated with her family to the United States and to Santa Ana three decades ago. The youngest of three children, she was born in Usulután, El Salvador and raised by her grandmother, aunts and uncles until the age of seven. In 1979, her mother brought her, along with her brother and sister, to live in the United States. She arrived in Santa Ana in November 1979 and has lived in this community since.
Ms. Iglesias is a product of Santa Ana Unified School District. She attended Diamond and Wilson Elementary, Carr Intermediate and Valley High School. In 1998, she earned an AA degree from Santa Ana College, and in 2001, she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Services from California State University, Fullerton and received a Sign Language Certificate from Santa Ana College. She is fluent in English, Spanish, and sign language.
Ms. Iglesias founded the Santa Ana Family Empowerment (S.A.F.E.), a non-profit organization, to provide homework assistance to deaf and hard-of-hearing students. She is certified in American Sign Language and has proudly tutored deaf students in Language Arts and Math. Ms. Iglesias has one son who attends Santa Ana Unified Schools. As a social worker with the County of Orange, she has served the Santa Ana community by assisting families in crisis. As a Contract Administrator, she has administered programs that provide temporary assistance while empowering families to become self-sufficient and self-reliant.
Ms. Iglesias is committed to:
- Keeping violent criminals away from our children
- Increasing relationships with the Orange County Community in order to increase our student’s academic achievements
- Implementing "Bring Your Parent to School Day” in all Santa Ana schools
- Ensuring all students are prepared for college or the workforce
- Spending money directly in classrooms benefiting our students
- Supporting partnerships between teachers and parents to increase academic achievement
- Ensuring every Santa Ana student learns how to read, write, and speak English
- Supporting Youth Leadership Programs and value based programs
She strongly believes that communication is the key to the success of ALL of our students.